The book focuses on serving the construction and implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative, giving full play to the rich practical experience of Chinese and foreign lawyers in multiple jurisdictions; highlighting their international vision, professional research and forward-looking analysis; and providing necessary legal guidance on foreign investment and operation management for Chinese and foreign enterprises, thereby helping Chinese and foreign enterprises prevent legal risks, maximize benefits and contribute to the construction of the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Han Xiutao (Secretary General of the Party Committee of All China Lawyers Association, author of the preface of the book)
Shanghai, January 2021 - We are pleased to announce the release of the Belt and Road Legal Practice Essentials for The Financial Industry edited by Baker McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation Office.
This book, which is available only in Chinese, is a collection of high-quality papers that focus on the frontier and hot legal issues in banking and finance, capital markets, cross-border investment and financing, etc. From the two dimensions of financial markets and financial products, this book covers an extensive range of topics, including:
- New Foreign Investment Law regulations, financial reform and innovation in Free Trade Zones, the Shanghai-London Stock Connect, STAR market and other prospects for the opening of China's financial markets, and the integration and mechanism innovation of domestic and international capital markets
- Cross-border investment and financing issues related to the Belt and Road Initiative, such as sovereign debt, project financing, M&A financing and overseas investment
- Financial market-related issues such as financial regulation, compliance and green finance
- Innovative financial products such as the issuance of cross-border bonds, US dollar bonds and Panda bonds, cross-border fund establishment and investment, asset-backed securitization (ABS), accounts receivable and supply chain financing
A total of 33 papers were compiled and collected under the above seven themes. Each article is highly forward-looking, professional and practical, condensing the research efforts and achievements of Chinese and foreign lawyers in Baker McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation Office.
We hope this book serves as a practical reference for business and legal personnel in enterprises that engage in cross-border investment and financing, and helps them understand the latest financial supervision regulations and practices to standardize, improve and innovate investment and financing methods, and thus contribute to the stability and far-reaching construction of the Belt and Road Initiative.