Binxin heads the patent team in China. He supports his clients’ business operations and commercial growth in China and overseas by delivering practical and comprehensive solutions that utilize his clients’ IP assets as well as advising on the prevention of potential legal risks. He advises multinational and domestic companies in the pharmaceutical, chemical, mechanical, telecommunication and entertainment industries on complex IP issues related to prosecution, portfolio management, enforcement, and IP utilization.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Fortune 100 US company in a process patent infringement lawsuit in China, and successfully obtained a preliminary injunction for the client.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a patent infringement lawsuit where the Patent Re-examination Board’s invalidation decision was successfully partially overruled in the infringement judgment.
- Represented a US company to successfully obtain customs IP protection for its process patent.
- Represented a US company to successfully overturn an unfavorable infringement judgment and hold a trademark licensor accountable for joint liability.
- Represented a world-leading LED company in a series of patent infringement and invalidation cases in China.
- Advising several leading pharmaceutical companies on patent infringement and invalidation as well as related regulatory issues.
- Advising several world-leading technology companies on a series of patent infringement and invalidation projects in China.
- Representing several world-leading companies in trade secret misappropriation and patent disputes cases.
- Advising several international and domestic technology companies on trade secret protection system establishment in China.
- Advised a leading international biotechnology company on PRC IP issues in a major merger and acquisition.
China Client Choice Top 20 Lawyers of 2016 and 2015 – Asian Legal Business
University of California at Berkeley (LL.M.)
University of Toronto (M.Sc. in Bio Materials)
Peking University (B.Sc. in Chemistry)