Laura Liu is a partner with Fenxun Partners. Her practice focuses on China antitrust legal issues, including merger control filing, antitrust compliance, antitrust investigations and antitrust litigation. Ms. Liu has extensive experience in merger filings, having assisted numerous clients with antitrust filings before the China competition authority, including some of the most significant merger clearance cases to date. Ms. Liu also has very extensive experience advising clients on deal structure and filing strategy to achieve commercial outcomes while avoiding gun-jumping risks. Laura's practice focus on antitrust and competition (advisory and litigation).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ADM on the China merger control aspects and multijurisdictional assessment for its transactions with Chinese companies.
- Advised GSK on the China merger control aspects for its transactions with Chinese companies.
- Advised Sumitomo on the Chinese merger control filing for a JV transaction with a US company.
- Advised Nidec on the Chinese merger control filings for its acquisition of Taiwan-based thermal module products supplier CCI.
- Advised INEOS Styrolution on the Chinese merger control filings for its acquisition of certain China business from Total.
- Advised Sika on the Chinese merger control filings for its acquisition of Parex.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned conglomerate company group on multijurisdictional assessment for its acquisition of certain assets in Europe and coordinated the merger filings in several jurisdictions.
- Advised a Chinese online platform trip service provider on multijurisdictional assessment for its acquisition of certain shareholdings of a US company.
- Advised Murata on the Chinese merger control filing for its acquisition of Sony's battery business.
- Advised China Eastern Airlines on multijurisdictional assessment for its joint venture transaction with an international company.
Rising Star: Antitrust & Competition, Legal 500, 2020-2021
Next Generation Lawyers: Antitrust & Competition, Legal 500, 2019
Future Leaders: Competition, Who’s Who Legal, 2019, 2020 and 2021
Tsinghua University (LL.M) (Civil and Commercial Law) (2009)
Beijing Jiaotong University (LL.B.) (2007)
Co-writer, “China Anti-Monopoly Law Guide Commentary” (2009-2013), CCH China.
Co-writer, China chapter, “PLC Cross-border Competition Handbook 2012: Q&A,” PLC.
Co-writer, “How the Judicial Interpretation of the Supreme People’s Court Affects Civil Antitrust Actions in China,” LexisNexis, 2013.
Co-writer, "Changes in the Landscape: Trends in Global Merger Control," CPI (Competition Policy International), 2017.
Writer, “Review on ICN’s Competition Advocacy Reports,” Introduction and Review on Selected ICN Reports, Law Press China, 2018.
Writer, "China’s SAMR Ramps Up Antitrust Enforcement," e-Competitions Bulletin, Concurrences, 2019.