Ms. Liu is a partner of FenXun Partners. She provides advice covering a full range of intellectual property-related services, including enforcement, litigation, licensing, domain disputes, copyright and designs, digital content, and other intellectual property matters.
In particular, Ms. Liu represents clients in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair-competition litigations, from initial litigation strategy, pre-trial relief (including evidence/asset preservation and preliminary injunctions) to trial proceedings and the enforcement of court judgments.
Ms. Liu is also experienced in handling trade name issues relating to real estate properties.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing numerous MNCs in hundreds of trademark administrative litigation before the Beijing IP Court with remarkable records of wins.
- Representing a high-end hotel brand in gaining well-known trademark recognition through litigation and successfully resolved dozens of trademark/trade name infringement cases through civil litigation and administrative enforcement actions for the same client.
- Representing a British luxury brand to resolve parallel import issues and won a substantial amount for damages in the litigation.
- Representing a number of ground-breaking IP cases including the international recording industry’s copyright infringement lawsuits.
- Representing a few luxury brands to successfully invalidate the counterpart’s patents and advising on litigating against patent infringement and enforcing patent rights in China.
- Representing technology companies in their trade secret litigation and advising on legal strategies for trade secret misappropriation.
- Successfully enforcing clients’ trademark rights and copyrights through numerous administrative and criminal actions.
- Representing clients to successfully resolve infringements through negotiations and lobbying.
IP Rising Star - China Law & Practice (2014)
Beijing University of China (LL.M.)
- Patent Exhaustion and FRAND Doctrine in Case of Apple and Samsung, Innovation and Intellectual Property, May 2012.
- Administrative Remedy and Related Legal Practical Issues Concerning the Conflicts between Trademark and Trade Name, China Intellectual Property, December 2012.
- Follow the Leader: A sweeping look at former Chinese president Hu Jintao's IP score card and what the future holds for the country's leadership, Intellectual Property Magazine, January 2013.
- Tactics and Challenges in Acting against Parallel Imports, China Law & Practice, November/December 2013.
- Registration and Protection of Device Mark Which Mainly Used as Goods Decoration, China Intellectual Property, September 2014
- Legal and Practical Problems of Enforcement of the Intellectual Property Administrative Decisions, China Intellectual Property, October 2015.