Frank has over 15 years of experience working in a broad range of trade actions, including advising clients on trade law compliance, export control, trade remedy, and other PRC regulatory and customs issues related to supply chain planning and managing disputes with PRC regulators.
Frank's practice focus are international trade, export control, supply chain trade remedies, and customs audits and investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a leading German auto-parts maker on the export control compliance risks related to its China operation using controlled encryption technologies and the related internal compliance processes to minimize the regulatory exposure.
- Led a legal project to convert the China operation of a New Zealand agricultural product supplier into a Chinese importer and distributor, coordinating efforts of attorneys to provide multidisciplinary advice relating to customs compliance, import licensing program, corporate entity structure, employment, anti-monopoly, foreign exchange control, product regulatory compliance, consumer complaint reaction, pricing strategy, and commercial contract review.
- Providing advice as nominated external export control counsel to one of Japan’s largest conglomerates with respect to its China operations.
- Advising a leading multinational supplier of process management products and solutions on strategies of mitigating the Chinese retaliatory tariffs against US products and the export control challenges.
- Acting for a US automobile manufacturer in administrative and judicial reviews of a valuation decision rendered by Chinese customs involving significant customs duty liability and industry-wide impact.
- Advising a leading global jet manufacturer on the China customs, trade, regulatory and free trade zone policies and preparation of a joint venture agreement in connection with its joint venture project in China.
- Acting for a leading Chinese manufacturer in the utility scale wind tower antidumping and countervailing investigations before the US Department of Commerce.
China’s leading business lawyer for Trade and Customs – Who’s Who Legal (2020 and 2021)
Shortlisted for “Trade Lawyer of the Year” – Asia Legal Awards (2019)
Star Lawyer – Acritas (2017, 2018 and 2019)
New York, USA
Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M.)(2009)
Fudan University (LL.M.)(2005)
Shanghai International Studies University (B.Sc.)(2002)