Mr. Ruan specializes in corporate and M&A and regulatory advisory matters in China, including privacy and cybersecurity matters. He has acted for clients across a broad range of industries, and has extensive experience in advising clients on strategic joint ventures and business alliances, corporate-commercial and technology transactions, TMT regulatory matters as well as financial service and insurance regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing numerous clients across a range of industries in the interpretation and application of the China Cybersecurity Law, the Security Law, and the Personal Information Protection Law, as well as associated regulations and guidance.
- Representing a Canadian corporation and its fund management affiliate in the acquisition of 16.8% equity interests of China Asset Management Co., Ltd., one of the largest fund managers in China.
- Representing a Chinese technology company in respect of its strategic investment in a Chinese national commercial bank.
- Representing a US Internet company in respect of its strategic investment in a Chinese logistics service company and the subsequent financings.
- Advising a wholly-owned subsidiary of a multinational company in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone on the obtaining of the first value-added telecommunications service operating license for multiparty conferencing services in China.
- Advising a US technology company in respect of the establishment of strategic joint ventures and subsidiaries for offering of online services in China.
- Advising a Taiwan financial holding company in respect of the strategic investment by a Chinese technology company in its property insurance subsidiary in China.
- Acting for a Thai bank in respect of the acquisition of the entire equity interest of a foreign-invested finance company in China.
- Acting for a UK company on the disposal of a pharmaceutical manufacturing site in China.
- Advising the China subsidiary of a European vehicle company on various digital service offerings in China.
- Advising an international IT outsourcing company on the structuring of its China operation and various service offerings.
New York (2009)
Fudan University (LL.B.)(1999)
Fudan University (LL.M.) (2003)
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (LL.M.)(2002)